BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Fire!


Images copyright Bloom Creatives 2009. All Rights Reserved. 

Again with the wrong kind of excitement... My neighbor's home went up in flames yesterday! Thankfully everyone got out with no injuries, but the home is a total loss. I can't even imagine how devastated they must be right now... But of course with all the DANGER DANGER everyone in the neighborhood (and many from others) (including myself, the geek with the camera) had to come watch the goings-on and, much like a car crash, whisper thanks that tragedy didn't touch us this time. But I got some great shots, if I do say so myself...

See more photos after the jump!























From what the firefighters told me (since I had a big camera they thought I was with the local paper and answered all of my questions) the fire started in the garage. They didn't seem all too concerned about the three flaming vehicles blowing up, as close as they let me and the other bystanders get to the house... A barricade wasn't put up until about 2 hours later.



Seriously, three vehicles. Massive flames. Gasoline. Not sure how/why nothing exploded, including the tires. But I like the stickers on the red helmet - you can't quite make it out in this smaller size but the blue one is a monster  : )








Many thanks to the Phoenix Fire Department, the Avondale Fire Department and the Tolleson Fire Department (yup, three cities and four trucks showed up) for preventing the fire from spreading to any of the neighboring homes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sad. Thank God for firefighters. I'm praying for the family.

drollgirl said...

holy moly! that is horrible. i am so glad they are ok. ack.